The BetterSoil Alliance is activating a collaborative community in the California Almond market to drive practical solutions that positively impact food production by improving water use, soil health and lowering GHG emissions
- Enabling solution validation at scale
- Clearly defined to support ease of adoption
- Purpose-built platform to enable BSA members unique performance insights and visibility on progress toward benchmarks
Funding for incentives
- Financial incentives for achieving 10-15-20% improvements in NUE & water productivity
3-Tiered evaluation protocol
- Incubator Farm, case study farms, crowd-sourced farms
Granularity + scale
- Ensuring accuracy and accounting for industry-level variability
- Evaluation structure facilities deeper learnings in less time to more quickly respond to immediate challenges
- Overcomes typical "lag-time" associated with permanent crop research efforts
- BSA community events to discuss field level insights and workshop food-chain engagement
Aggregated data access
- Access to compare individual performance to aggregated data sets from across all BSA acres
- Enabling discussions to develop new models that reward growers for beneficial practice changes
- Bringing clarity to the complex topic of practical soil health benefits
Learn how you can get involved
Your livelihood depends on growing almonds, and we know how committed you are to the industry. The BetterSoil Alliance was created to support you in protecting your right to farm. We invite you to participate in implementing the solutions in your orchards through a customized crop nutrition program* for the opportunity to be rewarded based on your water productivity and soil health. The data collected from orchards will be used to better understand the positive impact the solutions can have when implemented together. Let us know you're interested to learn more.
*Please note that, at the moment, this program is only for almond growers in California
Advisors and Retailers
BetterSoil Alliance welcomes partners who want to contribute to the future success of the industry through improved water use and soil health. Join our efforts in providing the right solutions; ultimately helping almond growers maintain their right to farm and improving their ROI. Retailers are also invited to pledge to help grow the fund, and reward more growers for their efforts.
Combating the threats of rising temperatures and drought is critical to preserve yield and quality, and ultimately maintain volume and profits. Through our solutions, the BetterSoil Alliance can curb the yield and quality reduction and provide handlers a competitive edge in accessing more sustainably grown almonds. Now is the time to get involved.
We know for many food companies the need to meet sustainability goals and protect your supply chain is top of mind. The BetterSoil Alliance helps meet the sustainability goals while also providing growers with practical solutions to improve water use, soil health and greenhouse gas emissions. Join the Alliance and help us reward growers for their sustainably-focused efforts by pledging** to help grow the fund and reward more growers.
100 North Tampa Street, Suite 3200 - Tampa, FL